I recently had the pleasure of speaking to a room full of executives and board members about the power of data and analytics with my friend Doug Laney. It was a real honor and pleasure to be up there with a thought leader like him
If you don’t know Doug, he literally wrote the book on monetizing data. His outstanding book “Infonomics” outlines a clear and practical playbook for companies to weaponize and monetize their data. He also provides numerous real world examples of companies effectively leveraging their data as an asset.
I consider it essential reading for anyone serious about monetizing and getting the greatest possible value from their data. I love this book so much that I give it to every customer we partner with.
A Great Discussion
This board level data and analytics strategy event, “Data & Analytics in the Boardroom: Raising Your Digital Quotient”, facilitated some great conversation. Topics included:
• Why data and analytics strategy is important for innovation and should be a board level topic of discussion
• The process of creating an effective data and analytics strategy and who leads the charge on this
• The amount of investment needed to get these initiatives off the ground
• Outsourcing analytics capabilities development vs building in house teams, talent, and management
• How data and analytics help drive better business strategies
• The role data and analytics professionals play in boards of the future
• Basic playbooks for board members to break down the strategic opportunity around data and utilize it in a powerful and transformational way.
We Also Discussed
• Presenting data and analytics (D&A) cases to boards
• Leveraging data to drive enterprise value, execute on strategy, and mitigate business model risk
• Creating the right teams, organizational capabilities, and infrastructure needed to manage and fully leverage D&A investments
• Why a board data and analytics strategy is essential for surviving in today’s rapidly changing digital age
• The role the board plays in attracting top level digital talent
Below are video segments broken out by the topic being addressed. Have additional questions after viewing these? Reach out to us. We would love to help you run a better business with more confidence using the power of data and analytics.
Video 1: Why is a data and analytics strategy important for businesses today?
Video 2: Is the CEO responsible for leading the charge on data and analytics strategy?
Video 3: What industries stand to benefit the most from having a data and analytics strategy?
Video 4: What Is Needed To Create A Solid Data and Analytics Strategy?
Video 5: How Can A Board Help Drive Data and Analytics Strategy?
Video 6: Should You Buy, Build, Or Borrow Analytics Capabilities?
I'll be adding a new video every week, so be sure to check back here or, better yet, join our mailing list to get notified when valuable new content gets put up.